[U-Boot] ORIGEN: fix needed for out-of-tree build

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 12 09:25:26 CEST 2011

Dear Chander Kashyap,

In message <CANuQgHHfR95KrU_fQZbREyYU=jJtHhu5kO3G6C4kmP86S-bwqA at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > Please fix your Makefile for out-of-tree building.
> Angus Ainsle has submitted a patch to fix this.
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg60854.html

I see.  Thanks.

> > Side-note:  Why is this file called ".exe"?  Is this some MSDOS
> > executable or what?   Please consider also fixing the name.
> No this is not MSDOS executable. This exe name depends upon the board
> configured.
> ".exe" is given so that it can match the "*.exe" while cleaning. I can
> make extension to .out.
> Please suggest if any better option

In Unix, we do not use any "extensions" at all for binaries.

Can you please drop this ".exe" stuff, and submit this as V2 of the
above mentioned patch?  Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Yes, it's a technical challenge, and  you  have  to  kind  of  admire
people  who go to the lengths of actually implementing it, but at the
same time you wonder about their IQ...
         --  Linus Torvalds in <5phda5$ml6$1 at palladium.transmeta.com>