[U-Boot] git-clone doesn't compile

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 16 14:42:05 CEST 2011

Dear Athanasios Silis,

In message <CADgchnu2_UASD66sCcOK3cm3teC=qTJ8p2Drm7MCaPdqF0JkCg at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have surfed the git repository and realised that the specific board has
> been removed from the u-boot-arm branch.
> commit message was : "ARM: remove broken "sbc2410x" board"

Please digest that message: remove the BROKEN "sbc2410x" board...

> I then tried to compile it as is, and i get this error.

This is to be expacted: the board is BROKEN and does not even
compile. That (and the fact that nobocy cared to fix the problem) was
why it got removed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The project was large enough and management communication poor enough
to prompt many members of the team to see themselves  as  contestants
making  brownie  points,  rather  than as builders making programming
products. Each suboptimized  his  piece  to  meet  his  targets;  few
stopped to think about the total effect on the customer.
                              - Fred Brooks, "The Mythical Man Month"