[U-Boot] start.S

Sandeep Kumar Sandeep.Kumar at open-silicon.com
Tue Sep 20 11:21:52 CEST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: u-boot-bounces at lists.denx.de [mailto:u-boot-bounces at lists.denx.de] On Behalf Of maheen butt
Sent: 20 September 2011 12:17
To: Marek Vasut; u-boot at lists.denx.de
Subject: Re: [U-Boot] start.S

________________________________
From: Marek Vasut <marek.vasut at gmail.com>
To: u-boot at lists.denx.de; maheen butt <maheen_butt26 at yahoo.com>
Cc: Christopher Harvey <charvey at matrox.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:45 AM

On Tuesday, September 20, 2011 07:02:15 AM maheen butt wrote:
> my target board is mips so
> which part
> of start.S jump to c code? and what is first function comes after start.S?

1) Please stop top-posting ...
2) board_init_f seems like it.

> what is it in case of ARM?

board_init_f as well.

They seem to be in arch/[family]/lib/

Thanks for your response!

I searched board_init_f() it calls relocate_code() about
which it has been commented that it does not return.
my question is here that from relocate_code() control goes where?
as I'm not able to find relocat_code() defined any where in C code
its only declared in /u-boot/include/common.h( I found only its prototype)
did it comes back in start.S? as I saw relocate_code assembly instruction in
start.S.

Yes, the function is in start.s. After executing relocate_code the code execution jumps to board_init_r() which is in arch/[family]/lib/board.c

Regards
Sandeep