[U-Boot] [STATUS] [ARM] Status for last 13 unclean-building ARM boards

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Tue Sep 20 22:44:43 CEST 2011

Hi Michael and Stefan,

Le 19/09/2011 20:40, Michael Schwingen a écrit :
> Am 09/17/2011 10:12 AM, schrieb Albert ARIBAUD:
>> (board maintainers in CC:)
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> There remains 13 boards listed as having warnings or errors at this
>> point in a ./MAKEALL arm:
>>
>> --------------------- SUMMARY ----------------------------
>> Boards compiled: 242
>> Boards with warnings or errors: 13 ( omap3_beagle actux1_4_16
>> actux1_8_16 actux1_4_32 actux1_8_32 actux2 actux3 actux4 dvlhost
>> ixdp425 ixdpg425 pdnb3 scpu )
>>
>> Of these,
>>
>> 1. omap3_beagle has a 'simple' warning "beagle.c:532: warning:
>> initialization from incompatible pointer type". Dirk, can you look
>> into it?
>>
>> 2. ixdp425 is marked "orphaned". Stefan, I am wild-guessing that
>> ixdp425 might be acquainted to the ixdpg425 that you maintain. Do you
>> want to take ixdp425? If not, we should drop it.
> I do have one of these @work, but rarely take it out of the closet. I
> can run tests if required. but I am not sure if it is worth the effort
> to keep it.

Since you concur with Stefan, I will drop it.

> OTOH, ixdgp425 seems to be an almost exact clone of the ixdp425, with
> different PCB layout, so ditching one and keeping the other makes not
> much sense IMHO.

Stefan, would you agree about removing ixdpg425 as well?

>> 3. All others have the same issue, namely "arm-linux-ld: stubs.o:
>> compiled for a big endian system and target is little endian". Seems
>> for this one, I am not using the right toolchain or at least the right
>> libs. Can one of the maintainers let me know how exactly they build
>> their boards?
> Just tried actux3 - I get only this one warning:
>
> /usr/local/pkg/x-tools/armeb-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/.armeb-unknown-linux-gnu-ld:
> warning: creating a DT_TEXTREL in object.
>
> AFAIK, that one has been there since relocation was added.
>
> I compile using
>> export
> CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/x-tools/armeb-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/armeb-unknown-linux-gnu-
>> make
>
> /opt/x-tools/armeb-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/armeb-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc -v

Microcross X tools -- no free version apparently...

> gcc version 4.3.4 (crosstool-NG-hg_default at 1471_4a88cb9bfe8f)

... but it seems like it is a standard crosstool ng build. Guess I'll
have to build my own if I want to be able to .MAKEALL these boards...
Thanks for the info.

> cu
> Michael

Amicalement,