[U-Boot] SMDK6400 regression

Simon Schwarz simonschwarzcor at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:13:41 CEST 2011

On 09/20/2011 08:47 AM, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> Copying Simon as the author of the commit, in order to confirm that the
> issue is in smdk6400.

The problem is that I added a nand_read_buf prototype in nand.h this was
defined static in nand_base.c - I removed the static declaration.
smdk6400 is defining the exact same functions in its SPL but they are
static.

Dublicated code like this was the reason for my changes.

I can provide a quickfix by just remove the static from the
smdk6400-functions. But IMHO it is more sensible to write a proper
header for most of the functions in nand_base.c and remove the static
modifier. Then they can be used in SPLs and no one tries to redo/copy
them again. Scott what's your opinion on that?

Regards
Simon