[U-Boot] Compile error undefined reference to `__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr0

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 22 15:49:30 CEST 2011

Dear Andrew Holt,

In message <F12E3690-2491-4098-9678-471A34C87AA0 at 4asolutions.co.uk> you wrote:

> I am building u-boot for the TI da850_omapl138_evm using the Current CodeSourcery toolchain.
>
> The final link, where it produces u-boot and u-boot.map failed with the following error:
>
> /usr/local/Sourcery_G++_Lite/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.5.2/libgcc.a(_bswapsi2.o):(.ARM.exidx+0x0): undefined reference to `__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr0'
> make: *** [u-boot] Error 1
>
> I have seen reference to a patch, if this is true could somebody indicate which patch will fix this ?

Probably a fix to your tool chain...

...or you don't use the compiler provided libgcc, and rather the
routines that come with U-Boot.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The only way you could make a happy  marriage  is  by  cuttin'  their
heads  off  as  soon  as  they say `I do', yes? You can't make happi-
ness...                           - Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_