[U-Boot] Application of patch submitted during the previous Merge Window

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 08:21:40 CEST 2011

Hi Wolfgang,

With the next release pending and the next Merge Window about to open, I
thought I might take the opportunity to ask a question that's been on my
mind...What is the 'procedure' (for want of a better word) you use for
patches applied during the merge window?

Now I know maintainers typically keep a 'next' branch which they can
quickly rebase and issue a pull request for, but you don't seem to keep
such a branch for the 'generic' patches (well, there is one, but it is now
nine months old)

Just wondering how we should be tracking said patches - Do you want us to
ping you when the Merge Window opens, or do you have them nicely piled up
in Patchwork ready to apply?

Personnaly, I like the idea of the next branch more than Patchwork, just
to be consistent with the maintainers

Regards,

Graeme