[U-Boot] Application of patch submitted during the previous Merge Window

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 23 12:23:11 CEST 2011

Dear Stefano Babic,

In message <4E7C59B4.50900 at denx.de> you wrote:

> Maybe we have to start updating patchwork directly after sending our
> answers to the ML to maintain the tool synchron. I was used to update

I think the main problem is if this is indeed two separate steps. As
soon as it becomes additional work, and probably even the need to
change tools and interfaces, it becomes a pain and people will stop
doing it.  That's how it works with me, at least.

I have asked before if we could get patchwork to acto on X- mail
headers - then it would be sufficient to add a line

or similar.

I for  myself have added a button to my MUA which automatically
locates the current message in PW and changes it's state.  This helps
a lot.  I have no ide if other MUAs (like Thunderbird, for example)
allow for similar extensions.

> > Well I have a few niggles with Patchwork:
> >  - It failed to see one patch in one of my multi-patch series

This is a known problem.  It is typical for problems with UTF encoding
issues.  This should be solved by now after we changed all to UTF.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of.
                                                        - Ogden Nash