[U-Boot] Building u-boot for Walnut board (PPC 405GPr)

Brian S. Park brian.park at corelis.com
Sat Sep 24 03:11:28 CEST 2011

Hi,
I'm currently working on updating the firmware on our custom board
(based on IBM walnut board) and tried to build the latest released
u-boot 2011.06 using ELDK4.2.
Using the fresh source code extracted from u-boot-2011.06.tar.bz2,  I
did "make walnut_config" and then "make". But I get the following error.

ppc_4xx-ld:u-boot.lds:1: parse error
make: *** [u-boot] Error 1

All of the code compiles. I think it's a linker error but I have no idea
how to resolve the problem.
Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

--
*Boundary-scan with limited budget, insufficient resources, or tight
schedules? Try TestGenie!