[U-Boot] Building u-boot for Walnut board (PPC 405GPr)

Brian S. Park brian.park at corelis.com
Mon Sep 26 19:54:57 CEST 2011

I found my problem.

My board, though based on walnut board, does not have real time clock.
So, I have to disable RTC support in u-boot. However, as soon as I
comment out

#define CONFIG_RTC_DS174x    1    /* use DS1743 RTC in Walnut    */

in walnut.h, line 68, I get build error.

[root at new-linuxdev u-boot-2011.06]# ./MAKEALL walnut
Configuring for walnut board...
ppc_4xx-ld:u-boot.lds:1: ignoring invalid character `#' in expression
ppc_4xx-ld:u-boot.lds:1: parse error
make: *** [u-boot] Error 1
ppc_4xx-size: './u-boot': No such file

--------------------- SUMMARY ----------------------------
Boards compiled: 1
Boards with warnings or errors: 1 ( walnut )
[root at new-linuxdev u-boot-2011.06]#

I can figure my way out if it's a code problem. This, however, seems
like a configuration issue and I'm still a newbie when it comes to
u-boot configuration issue. It seems to have changed a lot since last
time I looked at u-boot a few years ago.

I'd appreciate some guidance.

Thank you in advance for any help and thank you all for putting such
wonderful software in public domain.

Brian