[U-Boot] Is it necessary that uboot(mips) should read status register($12) before setting it

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Sep 29 15:04:55 CEST 2011

Hi Bruce,

> MIPS Uboot works OK.Part of the code is as below.

Congratulations.  Although I'm not sure what I'm congratulating on ;)

> And my questions:
> 1.read status register($12) and save value to $10,but don't use the value in
> $10 to do anything.
> Because uboot overwrite $10.
>
> 2.Is it right?I can delete this code "mfc0 $10,$12" from uboot.

I'm sorry, but I don;t know what to make of this. Can you tell us if
this code is from U-Boot and if so, in which file?  Also can't you try
for yourself if U-Boot still works after removing this instruction?

What exactly do you want us to tell you?

Cheers
  Detlev

--
If I could ask a  genie to grant me one wish for free software, it would not
be about the  popularity of the GNU Hurd,  or even the popularity of the GNU