[U-Boot] prob with i2c in u boot

saketha rama ramasaketha at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 13:40:55 CEST 2012

Hi all,
   I am trying to talk to some device connected to the i2c bus from u boot
terminal. When I issue i2c md command able to get some values, then when I
use i2c md command to write data in to some address of the same device it
works without any error. BUt the main problem is when I issue a read again
I could see only the past values and not the new values that I wrote.

Have no clue of why it is so, are there any command that I should issue to
start a write ?
THe physical communication module talks to master sending a start sequence,
then data and then stop etc how do I achieve all this from u boot command
line?

Please help me out on this, any help is highly appreciated. I use u boot to
boot linux on beagle board is cortex A8
--
Regards,
M.R.Saketha,