[U-Boot] ld fails with .bss / .rel.dyn overlap for 2011.12

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Apr 9 23:12:36 CEST 2012

Dear Joey Oravec,

In message <4F834E09.3010600 at drewtech.com> you wrote:
> This email is to report a problem building u-boot 2011.12 with a gcc
> 4.3.2 toolchain. I've added support locally for a marvell 78xx0 based
> board. It's using arm926ejs and I have not modified the *.lds linker script.
>
> Case 1: With gcc 4.3.2 provided by marvell, the build fails with this error:
> I can provide u-boot.map files (~70k) for each case.

Thanks, but what should we do about that?  You are referring to code
that is unknown to us, and to a tool chain we have no access to.

It would probably be best to report this to the Marvell compiler team.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There were meetings. There were always meetings. And they were  dull,
which is part of the reason they were meetings. Dull likes company.
                                    - Terry Pratchett, _Making_Money_