[U-Boot] Question about toots/bmp_logo.c

Donghwa Lee dh09.lee at samsung.com
Thu Apr 12 11:18:12 CEST 2012

Hi, I have some questions about tools/bmp_logo.c that converts from *.bmp to
include/bmp_logo* header files.
I think bmp_logo.c can't support various *.bmp files becuase it uses bmp_logo_palette[]
that limited size to 240. It seems to assumed working with an 8-bits files.
When image files have so many colors, maybe I think bmp_logo_palette[] cannot be used.

Now I am working in order to convert bmp files that have colors more than 240 to data
header files.
I think it can't use palette, so I want to create new files can convert from .bmp to
data header.

What do you think about it? Does it can be merged in u-boot mainline?

Thank you,
Donghwa Lee