[U-Boot] U-boot customized

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 14:28:47 CEST 2012

Hi Allyson,

A) Please keep the mailing list Cc'd - I don't know much about ARM and
nothing about the at91rm9200 - I'm just trying to be helpful :)

B) Please don't top-post

On 04/13/2012 09:30 PM, Allyson Pereira wrote:
> Hi Graeme,
>
> Well...
>
> I'm running U-Boot 2011.03.
> The compile process it's ok .... but when I put it on my system I get any
> response.
> But the board is mine, this is a old product of my company and this time I
> need put linux run on it.

OK, so what you are saying is u-boot-1.1.6 from git.denx.de without any
additional modifications works fine, but U-Boot 2011.03 from git.denx.de
without any additional patches does not?

If this is the case, then you are likely going to get some pretty good
support from the ML as that would mean there is a regression in mainline
code that needs to be fixed...

Are you familiar with 'git' at all?

git has a very useful tool called 'git bisect' which basically asks for the
ID of a known 'Good commit' (in this case u-boot-1.1.6) and a known 'Bad
Commit' (2011.3). It will then find the commit halfway between and check it
out - You then compile and test and tell git if that commit was 'Good' or 'Bad'

This process will repeat until you find the commit that caused the breakage
- Post that commit ID to the mailing list and somebody should get around to
looking at it

> Thanks for your attention.

Your welcome,

Regards,