[U-Boot] [U-Boot-Users] Re: Ethernet loopback command

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Apr 17 08:23:34 CEST 2012

On Tuesday 17 April 2012 07:47:35 Ramu wrote:
> > I suggest that you take a look at the POST (Power On Self Test)
> > framework. It has support for ethernet loopback test for PPC4xx. E.g.
> > board sequoia. Look for CONFIG_SYS_POST_ETHER and take a look at the
> > following file:
> >
> > post/cpu/ppc4xx/ether.c
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Stefan
> >
> > --
> > DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
> > HRB 165235 Munich,  Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
> > Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office <at>
> > denx.de
>
> i have enabled the POST support in the header file by defining macro and
> build the u-boot.bin.
>
> my doubt is whether it will support for canyalands board or not..

Not sure. Might be that this driver needs minimal changes for 460EX. But
chances are good that it works out-of-the-box for 460EX/GX too.

> and how
> to run the post test using "diag" command.

Help (?) is your fried. Use "log show" to display the results of the POST
tests. And "diag run ethernet" to re-run this test.

> and whether i need to configure
> the phy control register to loopback mode before testing.

No. No need to change PHY registers. The loopback is configured in the PPC4xx
MAC.

Thanks,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de