[U-Boot] [ARM] [STATUS] Increasingly high build failures

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Thu Apr 19 09:13:38 CEST 2012

Folks,

I just did another round of ./MAKEALL arm with MG/CS 2011.09-69, and the
failure rate is rising to say the least, with 277 boards failing out of
278. :(

Basically, the issues are, in order of impact:

- Now 264 'uses variable-size enums yet the output is to use 32-bit
enums' errors. That's a raise! Probably caused by some commonly included
.h, but as the issue is at link stage and only refers to library
intrinsics, tracing the culprit may take time. However, I cannot keep on
ignoring this warning now, and thus I will look for a general solution,
probably along the lines of enabling variable-size enums throughout the
U-Boot codebase at least for toolchains that complain about it.

- 6 warnings are 'ap20.c:44:18: warning: array subscript is above array
bounds'. Last changed was in commit 03c609f6. Simon Glass, as you are
listed as author of the commit, please have a look.

- netspace_v2 board causing the only error case: Undefined or
unsupported LaCie KW board variant. Simon Guinot, as you are listed as
the board maintainer, can you have a look?

This pretty much covers the immediate actions, but extrapolating from
the situation, I would advise any and all contributors whose first name
is Simon and last name initial is G to watch out for issues. :)

Amicalement,
--
Albert.