[U-Boot] 'run' no longer aborts on an error, can someone please verify

Gray Remlin gryrmln at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 23:55:56 CEST 2012

U-Boot v2012.04

Marvell>> setenv ipaddr '192.168.1.130'
Marvell>> setenv ifhostisup 'ping 192.168.1.100'
Marvell>> setenv saywearehappy 'echo "We are happy!"'
Marvell>> run ifhostisup saywearehappy;
Using egiga0 device
ping failed; host 192.168.1.100 is not alive
"We are happy!"
Marvell>>

This is not the same behaviour as my (unfortunately customised) version based on the ancient U-Boot 2009.11
Other commands are also effected, for example 'ide dev 0' would abort a 'run' command if the device did not exist.

Is this my problem (corrupted source\compilation) or a change in policy ?