[U-Boot] read command

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 26 14:39:13 CEST 2012

Dear Haneef Mohamed,

In message <1335434285.83714.YahooMailNeo at web193302.mail.sg3.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> Is there a way to get input for a script file from console(hush), so
> as to make the script file interactive. like in linux there is a read
> command which the shell scripts make use of to read inputs from
> console.

Your question makes little sense to me.  In U-Boot, we have commands;
these are usually non-interactive, i. e. they take only command line
arguments.  There are very few exceptions, like "askenv", "mm", or
"nm".  These interactive commands will always be interactive, even
when used in scripts.

To answer your direct question: no, there is no such thing as a "read"
command in U-Boot.  There is also no concept of files and/or of file
redirection.

<speculation on>
I guess what you might have in mind couldbe done using "askenv".
<speculation off>

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Sometimes a man will tell his bartender things he'll never tell his doctor.
	-- Dr. Phillip Boyce, "The Menagerie" ("The Cage"),
	   stardate unknown.