[U-Boot] "make menuconfig" does not work

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Apr 27 10:27:16 CEST 2012

Le Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:18:11 +0200,
Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> a écrit :

> > (it would be great to get U-Boot added to buildroot as well - One
> > build for bootloader + kernel + root filesystem :)
>
> Buildroot?  Isn't this kind of a dead horse now?  I thought everybody
> is using Yocto now...

Since the last 3 years, the project has seen an increasing activity,
and has been almost entirely rewritten. We are doing stable releases
every 3 months, are doing a lot more quality testing than we have been
doing in the past. We have given talks at the latests ELC, ELCE and
FOSDEM.

So, definitely it's not a dead project. It however doesn't fit the same
segment as Yocto: Yocto is an embedded distribution generator, while
Buildroot is just a root filesystem + kernel + bootloader image
generator. Buildroot is much, much simpler to use and set up, but also
offers less flexibility than Yocto.

Best regards,

Thomas
--