[U-Boot] add more function in hello_world.c for standalone application

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 2 21:16:41 CEST 2012

Dear Kassey Lee,

In message <CAKwPUozgoKv65xP-6m_U-4H+JL1hiBdktv7hKb6pbV7PiX0_vQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>              I've tried the examples/standalone/hello_world.c, it
> works on my platform!

Good.

>              but when i add more functions in
> examples/standalone/hello_world.c, for example
>              it will take the test function as the entry, but ignore
> the hello_world ? can i have more than one functions in a standalone
> application C source code ? thanks

You can have as many functions as you like, but there is usually only
one entry point.  Also, please pay attention on the documented,
mandatory entry sequence (including using app_startup() ).

>              and what's more, can we use IRQ on arm platform for
> standalone application that is already supported by u-boot?

The infrastructure is in place, so it should be possible, but I think
not all ARM systems actually implement interrupt support, so please
checn the architecture specific code for your CPU.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
No journaling file system can recover your data if the disk dies.
                                 - Steve Rago in <D4Cw1p.L9E at plc.com>