[U-Boot] The way the list manages patch submission

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Aug 4 00:46:56 CEST 2012

Dear Graeme Russ,

In message <501C4672.7060003 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> emails over, I think, about 100kB need approval before being forwarded to
> the list. Wolfgang, since these appear to be rather rare, can this limit be
> dropped, at least for a little while to test the impact?

I see no reason to drop the limit.  Moderation takes place several
times per day; nobody ever complained to me that his message got
delayed for too long.

> > I see several patches from you over recent days, including the
> > re-submissions, so my guess is the same is happening to you.
>
> So do I - big thanks for the documentation updates, they all too often get
> overlooked.

I have no diea why there are two people (Karl and Any) appear to have
problems with list delivery - I cannot see any such problems.  As far
as I can tell, all their messages have been properly delivered to the
list and the archives.  I tend to believe these are local problems
on their own end, but without precise error reports I don;t ieen have
a clue what to look for.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If all the Chinese simultaneously jumped into the Pacific  off  a  10
foot platform erected 10 feet off their coast, it would cause a tidal
wave that would destroy everything in this country west of Nebraska.