[U-Boot] Testing report for i.MX51 using Linaro/Ubuntu gcc 4.6.3 (from Precise repositories), libgcc, etc.

Michael Hope michael.hope at linaro.org
Tue Aug 7 00:37:34 CEST 2012

Hi Matt.  Let me know if you find a fault in the compiler and we'll
fix it.  A common problem is bare metal projects turning on strict
alignment fault checking in the hardware (bit 1 of SCTLR on the A9)
which causes a data fault on unaligned access.  See [1] for more.

You might try our pre-built binaries[2].  The Linux version runs on
anything RHEL 5 or later and includes both a ARMv7 and a very
compatible ARMv4T runtime.

-- Michael
[1] http://seabright.co.nz/2012/06/11/kernel-not-booting-with-linaro-gcc/
[2] https://launchpad.net/linaro-toolchain-binaries