[U-Boot] uboot nor xip support

Amol Bhise amolbhise3 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 04:57:20 CEST 2012

Hi,
I need some help resolving system hang when booting from NOR flash (XIP
boot).

On our system we have CFI NOR flash sitting at base 0x08000000. with
CONFIG_SYS_MONITOR_BASE and TEXT_BASE being set at the flash base address
in board config file.  But the system hangs when we actually try to boot
from flash.  earlier we verified that the flash works fine when booting
from RAM.

with uboot code and env occupying first two sector in flash (0x08000000 + 2
* 128KB), I think the hang could arise from the fact that Monitor stack,
Board info data and malloc arena growing downward and crossing flash
boundaries.  Our ROM bootcode is configured to jump at flash base so I
couldn't really write uboot code at some other offset in NOR flash.

Regards
Amol