[U-Boot] Porting u-boot for MPC8280 based Board by taking MPC8260ads reference, Its hanging at some point

Markus Hubig mhubig at imko.de
Thu Aug 9 16:57:16 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 11:44:18AM +0530, Thirumalesha N wrote:
> I'm porting u-boot for mpc8280 based CPU board by taking mpc8260ads
> reference, its hanging at some some point. i enabled debug mode.
> U-Boot 1.3.1 (Aug  8 2012 - 09:19:16)
<snip>
> New Stack Pointer is: 1ffa0f48
>
> please can you suggest me to fix this issue.

I'm no expert, but I had a similar problem with my at91sam9g20 board.
The problem was that the first level bootloader (at91bootstrap in my
case) was wrong configured so it doesn't read the whole U-Boot binary
from flash before starting it ...

Maybe you can check this. And of course ... use a resend U-Boot!

Cheers, Markus