[U-Boot] Help : Keyboard Enabling at U-boot

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Tue Aug 14 03:56:43 CEST 2012

Hi,

[Please do send to the U-Boot mailing list also]

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 2:55 AM, LIVIN SUNNY <livin20 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi sir,
>
>      I have an issue regarding u-boot. I'm using Beagle-board Rev B as well
> as omap3_evm. i would like to enable keyboard at the u-boot level,i.e the
> keyboard is connected to the target and entering the text.But the problem is
> that at the U-boot, keyboard is not responding( no lights ) for both the
> devices.When i checked the USB info ,the current for keyboard was
> 70mA(actual 100mA for keyboard). But after the boot level the keyboard light
> blinks and works well and fine.
>      What will be the reason for lowering the current at the u-boot and
> increasing after the initialization of the USB at the kernel level?? Is
> there any change i have to make in the U-boot code for beagle board as well
> as for the omap3_evm??

I am not sure. It is possible that there is some sort of VBUS control
on your board that you need to enable in U-Boot. I haven't really much
experience with Beagle board, so perhaps someone on the list will be
able to help.

If not, I suggest you send to the list again with Beagleboard in the subject.

Regards,
Simon