[U-Boot] Change console output from DUART to APPUART

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Tue Aug 14 09:09:06 CEST 2012

Hi mad,

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:16:17 +0200, mad mad <mapx83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this list and don't know whether this is the right place
> to ask this question.
>
> I have a board nearly equal to the mx28evk, excepting that I need to
> use AUART3 instead of DUART for the console output.
>
> My idea was to simply to change CONFIG_PL01x_PORTS in the board
> configuration from MXS_UARTDBG_BASE to MXS_UARTAPP3_BASE and keep the
> CONFIG_CONS_INDEX at 0. But this isn't working.
>
> Now, i have no idea how to continue.
>
> I searched the documentation, the source code and the internet for
> days, but I can't find any useful solution. Maybe someone can give me
> a clue how to solve this issue.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Matt

Adding Fabio as the maintainer for mx28evk -- he might have some ideas
based on the board HW.

Are AUART3 and DUART identical except for base address? If not, I
suspect your change is not enough and you'll have to develop a spacific
AUART driver or derive one from existing code.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.