[U-Boot] Performance of the ARM's PL310 L2 cache.

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Fri Aug 17 21:09:47 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 05:49:53PM +0200, Lukasz Majewski wrote:

> Hi Aneesh,
>
> I've enabled the L2 cache for Trats board. Please find results from
> performance tests.
> The test function as well as my way for enabling L2 are attached to
> this e-mail.
[snip]
> Have you had similar results with OMAP?
> Do you do more configuration when enabling the L2 at OMAP?

At least on some parts, it's similar here.  The normal sequence of
operations is loading a relatively small payload (kernel, maybe device
tree) from storage and then booting it (which turns off L2 anyways).
This is why I was willing to disable DCACHE as a USB workaround, the
common use-case doesn't see a great deal of help from dcache being on.

--
Tom