[U-Boot] patman feature request

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Fri Aug 17 22:14:02 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Tom Rini <trini at ti.com> wrote:
> It looks like today was the day that Joe and I both decided to give
> patman a whirl.  On IRC we both hit the same annoyance of commits like:
> "Cosmetic: Something" causing patman to look for a maintainer for
> cosmetic and failing fatally.  Could we please make maintainer alias not
> found a warning and not a fatal error (so the human can go "oh, that's
> not a real area, that's fine" ?  My ~/.patman is almost more fixups than
> real aliases.

I agree; I have also sent two minor fixes to patman and I've been
putting fixups on my .patman to make it run and it does seem it would
work better if it was an warn.

Another idea is to have a wildcard that matches as a fallback.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br