[U-Boot] Seeking ARM development platform suggestions

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 03:13:05 CEST 2012

Back again :)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Graeme Russ <graeme.russ at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for something:
>  a) I can purchase locally (Australia)
>  b) Is reasonably priced
>  c) Has a mainline port of U-Boot already
>  d) Is 'useful' (media player, NAS, firewall, machine that goes 'ping')
>  e) Has lots of 'things' to play with (network, USB, video, SD/MMC,
> SATA, LEDs, GPIO, Alphanumeric LCD) - Not all have to be currently
> supported (actually, it would be great if some aren't so I can work on
> adding them)

I should also mention that pre-built support for Linux would be a plus
but not 100% mandatory (ultimately I will be building the entire Linux
system from scratch anyway). Android support won't really add anything
(I have my TouchPad for that)

I would like to play with IPL/SPL so access to boot code at the lowest
possible level (SDRAM init etc) is preferable.

Support for a 'cheap' JTAG board would be a big plus (GuruPlug is only
US$40, whereas a BDI3000 is US$2,500 from what I can tell)

Thanks,

Graeme