[U-Boot] Problems with a P2020 board

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Aug 30 16:15:19 CEST 2012

On 08/30/2012 03:12 PM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
>> -       Boot Count.  We are keen to use the boot counter feature, but I
>> am struggling to find a suitable register in the P2020.  The file
>> arch/powerpc/lib/bootcount.c list a few locations that work with
>> other PowerPC chips, but I can't find any of those registers in the
>> P2020 documentation.
>
> Me too on finding such a register.

If you don't have such registers, a bit of reserved SDRAM might be a
solution. That already implemented for some boards. See
bootcount_store() and bootcount_load() in:

board/keymile/km_arm/km_arm.c

This "RAM bootcount driver" will be moved to a common location by the
bootcount consolidation patches that are pending.

Thanks,
Stefan