[U-Boot] U-Boot for MIPS AR7161

Drassal, Allan drasal at wsu.edu
Sun Dec 2 11:20:24 CET 2012

Sorry I need to shorten the message, exchange keeps trying to do something and I keep getting a message rejected due to "No base64 encoded MIME text parts allowed"
U-Boot list keeps rejecting the message.

U-Boot list driving me nuts... keeps rejecting my message due to the "No base64 encoded MIME text parts allowed" error, but there are none!!
Please see the full message at http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/~adrassal/reply_2012-12-02.txt

And if someone can explain this strange error message... please!

Oh, you are wonderful!  This actually loads up correctly! Thanks a lot!!!
I am going to paste the output here so you can see.
However, it seems to be missing support for flinfo and for cp.b (the command I use to recopy the flash.
It detects the FLASH as 8MB, where in reality it is 32MB (or 2 16MB units)

If possible, can these be added in?
And, of course, I would like to know how you accomplished this, I would be more intested in learning how to build U-Boot for this platform, and hopefully I can get a fully functional U-Boot built later.

If it is difficult, at least now I can load something into ram (such as the kernel and original FS!) and execute them from there!

The output has been cut from this message and saved to http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/~adrassal/reply_2012-12-02.txt