[U-Boot] U-boot : compare read and expect value

Khalid Tourabi khalid.tourabi at planar.com
Mon Dec 10 19:24:07 CET 2012

Dear Wolfgang Denk

> Dear Khalid Tourabi,
>
> please don't top post / full quote,  and keep the mailing list on Cc:
     Ok sorry thanks.

> In message<50C5F2D6.5060204 at planar.com>  you wrote:
>>       Thanks for your answer.
>>
>>       setexpr command allows set the result operation in an environment
>> variable.
>>       But I want to set the result command (string) in an environment
>> variable to compare it with the expect value.
> Build it from parts.  Start with putting the expected value in an
> environment variable, so you can use setexpr to compareit against the
> actual value.  Then use conditionals to react as needed.  Use standard
> shell scripting methods.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

I added setexpr command, but I don't understand how to use it for my need.

For example :

     u-boot# set expct "FF7F7F7F7F7F7FC2"
     u-boot# sspi 8 64 9F
     FF7F7F7F7F7F7FC2
     u-boot#

This SPI command allows to read the NVRAM code ID, I want to compare
with $expct unsuccessfully

     u-boot# if test "sspi 8 64 9F" = $expct ; then echo Success; else
echo Error; fi;
     Success
     u-boot# set expct "FF7F7F7F7F7F7FC"
     u-boot# if test "sspi 8 64 9F" = $expct ; then echo Success; else
echo Error; fi;
     Success

     $expct either equal to "FF7F7F7F7F7F7FC2" or "FF7F7F7F7F7F7FC" the
result of if condition is the same.

  Many Thanks for your help.

Khalid