[U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling

Tom Warren twarren.nvidia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 22:15:10 CET 2012

u-boot-arm/master and u-boot-tegra/next should have the same base
commit (b8a7c46), so merging them isn't a big deal, and goes smoothly
for me. If I then take u-boot/master and merge it, I see a conflict in
drivers/power/power_fls.c and include/configs/mx35pdk.h and
mx53loco.h, but no problems with Tegra code.  I could resolve those
conflicts and continue with the rebase, but ...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but u-boot-tegra and u-boot-usb are both
pulled into u-boot-arm, and (I thought) u-boot-arm is then (or
eventually) pulled into u-boot/master.  I don't pull from u-boot-usb
(or any other 'sub' repo), since that would appear to create conflicts
when Albert pulls into u-boot-arm. I also don't pull from
u-boot/master, since it's essentially 2 levels above me.

Albert - if you can, please show me exactly what fetch/merge or rebase
command sequence is failing for you. I'm still not clear on what the
exact merge conflict error is, nor how to fix it.  Or Allen, if you
have better visibility into exactly what the merge conflict is w/Tegra
that I'm just not seeing, maybe you could provide either a patchset
that'll fix it or steps I can take to do the same.

Thanks,

Tom