[U-Boot] Question regarding "Problems with CONFIG_SYS_64BIT_LBA" in disk/part_efi.c
david.c.purdy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 02:12:41 CET 2012
In the current source tree, in disk/part_efi.c , we see:
* Problems with CONFIG_SYS_64BIT_LBA:
* struct disk_partition.start in include/part.h is sized as ulong.
* When CONFIG_SYS_64BIT_LBA is activated, lbaint_t changes from ulong
* For now, it is cast back to ulong at assignment.
* This limits the maximum size of addressable storage to < 2 Terra Bytes
Is this last comment correct, that there is indeed a maximum size of
addressable storage less that 2TB?
Or is this an old comment that was never removed?
More information about the U-Boot