[U-Boot] Pull request: u-boot-net.git master

Joe Hershberger joe.hershberger at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 04:42:21 CET 2012

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Langer Thomas (LQDE RD ST PON SW)
<thomas.langer at lantiq.com> wrote:
> Hello Joe,
>
> These patches for static initialization of the struct eth_ops will break the drivers on any architecture which needs manual relocation!
>
> I've send a comment regarding this, please see here:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/146092/focus=147607

I missed that message before.  Thanks for keeping an eye out!

> The tests with QEMU are insufficient, as probably the memory locations before relocation were still available and used via the
> uncorrected pointers.

I just ran into another issue on MIPS where the is the case... serial
is busted (serial_initialize() isn't called, which manually
relocates), but it doesn't appear as a crash because of the
pre-relocation addresses still being valid.

> So please consider to revoke the pull request until an update with fixes for the "eth_ops" series is available.

Indeed.  Tom, please disregard this pull request.