[U-Boot] Atheros "ART" data crc calculation

Dmytro dioptimizer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 19:18:42 CET 2012

Hello, I'm glad that all was resolved!

> However, the two versions provided each has some issues, but together I was able to reload the device.

> The first revision was able to erase the FLASH correctly, and the ethernet initialized correctly, however, there was no "cp" command to copy from RAM to FLASH.
> The second revision had the "cp" instruction and could write to the FLASH (at least the upper area where the bootloader was stored), however, ethernet did not function, and it could not erase the FLASH correctly.
> I would like to recompile a fully working RAM loadable U-Boot incase problems arise the the future, but am not sure what you changed between the two versions, so if you could share that, I would be happy, or share how to change the ethernet type, FLASH type, etc.

The main changes to load from the memory implemented in this patch:
http://dioptimizer.narod.ru/files/ap96/path.diff
When you have a problem with uboot command "flinfo", this patch may
fix this problem:
http://dioptimizer.narod.ru/files/ap96/path2.diff

GPL Used:
http://www.tp-link.com/resources/GPL/mr3420_3220v1.tar.gz
You can use any other GPL (but only with the support configuration
ap96). For example, I use a specific GPL, since there is no need to
compile a new version of toolchain.

However, you should understand that the configuration of the flash
memory is set in ap96/boot/u-boot/include/configs/ap96.h. And detect
the size of flash memory on SPI is nowhere realized.
The commands used in uboot console set in parameter:
CONFIG_COMMANDS ((....
When using the RAM loader - need to disable all the commands that
depend on the environment variables on flash.

I do not know the full configuration of your device and do not have no
possibility to experiment with the settings.

Concerning the second bank of flash memory:
Recently asked on the OpenWRT forum about the use of two chips of
flash memory on the device with the processor AR7241.
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=41019

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/browser/src/linux/pb42/linux-2.6.34.6/drivers/mtd/devices/wzrag300nh_flash.h?rev=15106
On the same example need to patch
ap96/boot/u-boot/board/ar7100/common/ar7100_flash.h

P.S.
And I would like to clarify about the bootloader on Compex devices:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/bootloader/myloader#myloram

There is need to load the bootloader in the memory at address 0x81F00000
On my device (AR7241) bootloader is loaded, !!!but at boot time it
erased firmware workspace on flash memory!!! and by the way, it
correctly determined the flash memory size.

Best regards, Dmytro