[U-Boot] [RFC][PULL-REQ] MTD update

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Dec 29 22:52:50 CET 2012

Dear Sergey Lapin,

In message <20121229205429.GA9924 at build.ihdev.net> you wrote:

> > First, while I appreciate the effort, I'd rather us sync with v3.7
> > release rather than the in-flux v3.8.  Second, can you please look at
> > the archives about how we've done these re-syncs before?  I really don't
> > want to take a single giant patch and we're usually able to break this
> > up into chunks.  Thanks!
> current v3.8 version is not that much different from v3.7, and very few,
> but interesting changes there, so I hope we're not going for version
> numbers here.

Tom is right when asking to use a stable kernel tree version as
starting point.  Said "interesting changes" may be added in a second
step, once we have proven that the stable code is actually working
stable for us, too.

> I try to produce proper splitted version, but it is not going to be
> bisectable then.

I cannot see why this would have to be the case.  Bisectability has
to be maintained.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A memorandum is written not to inform the reader, but to protect  the
writer.                                               -- Dean Acheson