[U-Boot] User Question

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Fri Jan 6 07:57:25 CET 2012

On Tuesday 03 January 2012 16:26:54 Bishop, Mark wrote:
> Is this the list I can ask questions for deploying uboot to a custom
> board based off the blackfin bf548?

this is the list for anything u-boot related

> Some of my questions are not processor specific (like what is the
> approach to getting the micrel ks8995 and a smsc lan9215 talking and
> started -the ks8995 needs a spi start command)?

the bf518f-ezbrd has a ksz8803m on it, but it supports it by open-coding
things in board/bf518f-ezbrd/bf518f-ezbrd.c.  there's a bit more logic than
normal due to it handling different revs of the board -- older ones had the
switch, but newer ones do not, hence it does runtime detection to support one
binary image for all revs.

i recall seeing people post about ksz switches in general, but i don't think
that got anywhere, so what we did for the bf518f-ezbrd is probably your best
bet for now.
-mike