[U-Boot] stuck after redirecting stdout to nc

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 10:52:17 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> Dear Ran Shalit,
>
> In message <CAJ2oMhKLcdT_NFjbfcJ4O7kGz+B-TK93MWynb4=F02iLnBB=
> sQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> >
> > Do you think such bug is independent of architecture type ?
>
> This is impossible to say without knowing where and what the bug is.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk
>

> You're right.
What I did see in my tests is as follows:
1. only if there is connection to PC and the PC's interface ip is the same
as the ncip environement, then and only then, I see that the u-boot finish
its job and starts the bootcmd, and loading the kernel. I also see the
u-boot prints in the ethernet if I start netconsole, but event without
starting netconsole, the kernel starts (as expected)
2. Otherwise, if the network interface ip is not the same as ncip, or cable
is disconnected the u-boot does not start bootcmd, and I actually do not
know where it stoped and why.

Please tell me if you have any advice where to look, and what should be
checked,

Best Regards,
Ran