[U-Boot] Regarding HUSH support in uboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jan 7 00:16:56 CET 2012

Dear amruth vamadev,

In message <CAL5DGCQABjk_F8T2-3XLFJkmp8ZvPwH_RvAa2i_==jS+8__mpA at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Thanks for response.If I want to store those strings into variable and
> may be compare it or parse it for information.For example "echo a"
> redirected to variable like assignment. My goal is to write simple
> diags to test pci or serial flash using commands in the shell using
> script. We can issue the commands and parse the response and print
> useful messages to users.

Such test code should most probably be integrated into the POST
framework.

> myvar = echo a
> if itest.s myvar == a
> then echo 'a"
> else echo "no a"
> Any idea how we can achieve this.

Current hush implementation does not support backticks or $(cmd)
notation.  You will have to chose a differnt style.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Unibus timeout fatal trap program lost sorry"  -  An  error  message
printed by DEC's RSTS operating system for the PDP-11