[U-Boot] USBTTY for CONFIG_USB_GADGET

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Tue Jan 24 13:23:42 CET 2012

On 20/01/2012 23:20, Michael Schwartz wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Michael,

> Can new UDCs be written for CONFIG_USB_DEVICE or is that deprecated in
> favour of CONFIG_USB_GADGET?

I have not read any clear statement about this, but IMHO we should
consider CONFIG_USB_DEVICE obsolete and move to CONFIG_USB_GADGET.

>  If that is the case and CONFIG_USB_DEVICE is
> deprecated, if I want to get USBTTY enabled for a currently unsupported UDC
> I would need to port USBTTY to CONFIG_USB_GADGET;

Yes, that is right - there is currently no support for the serial gadget.

> is there interest in that
> effort or is there some alternative?

This is very interesting !

There is a lot of boards using  CONFIG_USB_DEVICE. We cannot drop then
CONFIG_USB_DEVICE, but new boards must use the new interface.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de