[U-Boot] u-boot-atmel support for SMSC9514

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 25 07:29:19 CET 2012

Dear Wilson Perez,

In message <CALe7QMCQ3500k3gCZyAJXbxJKvF-E2wp_RbsSnMwptyPx0-Wog at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am currently using u-boot-2009.11 on an Atmel at91sam9g45 and would like
> to add support for the SMSC9514 to be able to run tcp/ip over usb.  The

U-Boot has only a minimal network stack; we can do some UDP, but we
cannot do TCP/IP.

> goal is to load kernel and filesystem images for system recovery via tftp
> on a tcp/ip over usb interface.

This makes no sesen.  TFTP is a UDP based protocol.  You don't need
TCP/IP for it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Certain old men prefer to rise at dawn, taking a cold bath and a long
walk with an empty stomach and otherwise mortifying the  flesh.  They
then point with pride to these practices as the cause of their sturdy
health  and ripe years; the truth being that they are hearty and old,
not because of their habits, but in spite of them. The reason we find
only robust persons doing this thing is that it has  killed  all  the
others who have tried it.  - Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"