[U-Boot] Issue with running commands

Sughosh Ganu urwithsughosh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 20:35:12 CEST 2012

hi Christian,

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Christian Riesch <
christian.riesch at omicron.at> wrote:

> Hi Sughosh,
>
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Sughosh Ganu <urwithsughosh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > hi,
> > While testing on hawkboard with the latest commit, i hit an issue of
> > commands not being accepted.
> >
> > hawkboard > rese
> > Unknown command '�����' - try 'help'
> > hawkboard >
> >
> > Running git bisect showed that this is caused due to commit 054ea170f271:
> > cmd_mem: cmp: unify size code paths. Has anyone seen this issue -- i
> don't
> > think this is board/arch specific.
>
> I tried to reproduce this on the calimain board (AM1808 SoC), but
> without success. The reset command works fine with current mainline
> u-boot.

Thanks for testing this. This looks to be some kind of an alignment issue
on my board, which is getting introduced due to the commit i mentioned. The
said commit is not directly responsible for the problem, but it introduces
some kind of misalignment. I am looking into this -- at such times i so
dearly wish i had a jtag debugger :)

-sughosh