[U-Boot] i.MX35PDK: Starting U-Boot from serial NOR-Flash

Hornung, Michael mhornung at init-ka.de
Thu Jul 5 11:16:38 CEST 2012

Hi Fabio,

thank you very much for your reply.

> With these values you can create a correct imximage.cfg file for mx35pdk.

Thank you, I'll try my best.

>> $ ./tools/mkimage -n ./board/freescale/mx35pdk/imximage.cfg -T
>> imximage -e 0xA0000000 -d u-boot.bin u-boot.imx

Can you tell me which address I have to append to the -e switch of the mkimage program? I think that my choice (0xA0000000) is incorrect since it is /CS0 memory region of the WEIM. Is it 0x10000000 for internal RAM? And if so, do I have to change the following define within "include/configs/mx35pdk.h", too?

/* Set TEXT at the beginning of the NOR flash */
#define CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE    0xA0000000

> So my suggestion for you is to try to boot from internal boot mode first. Try booting from SD card first as this would be easier.

Could you please give a short explanation, why it is easier to boot from SD than from serial NOR?

> Regards,

> Fabio Estevam

Thank you very much!

With best regards