[U-Boot] [ARM] one warning left for all ARM boards

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Mon Jul 9 22:42:27 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 09:48:18PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Albert ARIBAUD,
>
> In message <20120709174210.0bc0cef5 at aari01-12> you wrote:
> >
> > With the latest commits on u-boot/master, two obnoxious "attention"
> > messages were removed from ARM builds, but one still remains:
> >
> > attention : -fstack-usage not supported for this target [enabled by
> > default]
>
> As recommended on the ML I reverted the commit that caused this
> trouble, waiting to see a new (more carefully tested) version to be
> applied instead.
>
> At the moment ARM is build clean, as far as I can tell.
>
> If nobody adds any new pull requests very soon now, I'll go for -rc1.

The best version of this patch, which won't add new warnings is:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/169561/ and it fixes both the reported
problem by being in assembly and avoiding the -fstack-usage issue (as
that flag doesn't deal with assembly files).  It's also a slight
improvement in that we go from a fn_foo_default + alias for weak to just
declaring a fn_foo as weak.

--
Tom