[U-Boot] [ARM] one warning left for all ARM boards

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Mon Jul 9 23:07:22 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 09:48:18PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Albert ARIBAUD,
>
> In message <20120709174210.0bc0cef5 at aari01-12> you wrote:
> >
> > With the latest commits on u-boot/master, two obnoxious "attention"
> > messages were removed from ARM builds, but one still remains:
> >
> > attention : -fstack-usage not supported for this target [enabled by
> > default]
>
> As recommended on the ML I reverted the commit that caused this
> trouble, waiting to see a new (more carefully tested) version to be
> applied instead.
>
> At the moment ARM is build clean, as far as I can tell.
>
> If nobody adds any new pull requests very soon now, I'll go for -rc1.

What do we want to do about the USB issue (on ARM platforms, with EHCI,
with >32byte alignment requirements, if dcache isn't build-time
disabled, USB is unusable, a change from previous releases), for this
release?  Are we going to hope the alignment issues can be flushed out
and fixed well enough before the final release?  Should we go with
disable the dcache now, continue working on it for the next?

--
Tom