[U-Boot] [ARM] one warning left for all ARM boards

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Tue Jul 10 10:37:46 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 03:53:43AM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
> Dear Albert ARIBAUD,
>
> > Hi Tom,

> > > What do we want to do about the USB issue (on ARM platforms, with EHCI,
> > > with >32byte alignment requirements, if dcache isn't build-time
> > > disabled, USB is unusable, a change from previous releases), for this
> > > release?  Are we going to hope the alignment issues can be flushed out
> > > and fixed well enough before the final release?  Should we go with
> > > disable the dcache now, continue working on it for the next?
> >
> > What are the chances that the issue be fixed?
>
> Low ... this is some deep crap that's growing through uboot as whole :-( And
> it's not only USB.

Then I propose 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 from my v4 series (remove dcache_off
call from ehci-omap.c as it's wrong, build-time disable DCACHE on USB
enabling platforms).  Yes, we're papering over bugs for a release, but
we (a) know we're doing it and (b) are trying to fix them and (c) can't
fix them in time.

--
Tom