[U-Boot] FDT driver initialization function declaration

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 10 15:03:31 CEST 2012

Dear Michal Simek,

In message <4FFC1EF8.9060705 at monstr.eu> you wrote:

> The hardest part I have identify on microblaze was about u-boot variables.
> Because based on information from device-tree you can choose where variables
> should be stored and also this memory should be accessible before u-boot
> try to read variables. It mean in very early state.

Device initialization before relocation is already hard enough;
resources are very limited then.  You will add the additional need to
have the FDT library available then, too.   Not to mention that you
need to load the DT blob, too.

This will be a lot of added complexity.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Always try to do things in chronological order; it's  less  confusing
that way.