[U-Boot] Issue with running commands

Sughosh Ganu urwithsughosh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 15:53:40 CEST 2012

On Tue Jul 03, 2012 at 12:54:04AM +0530, Sughosh Ganu wrote:
> hi,
> While testing on hawkboard with the latest commit, i hit an issue of
> commands not being accepted.
>
> hawkboard > reset
> Unknown command '�����' - try 'help'
> hawkboard >
>
> Running git bisect showed that this is caused due to commit 054ea170f271:
> cmd_mem: cmp: unify size code paths. Has anyone seen this issue -- i don't
> think this is board/arch specific.

  I was trying to debug the issue, and i found different behaviour
  with different toolchains.

Codesourcery(gcc - 4.5.2, binutils - 2.20.51)

With commit 211e47549b668c7, which is the top of master, i don't hit
the issue anymore.

ELDK-5.2(gcc - 4.6.4, binutils - 2.22)

With this toolchain, i never hit the issue. But enabling DEBUG in
board.c, i get a hang after nand initialisation. I am not able to use
debug messages, as the board starts to boot with inclusion of even a
single debug message.

I am not sure now if this is something specific to my board, as i see
different results with different toolchains. It'd be great if
this change(DEBUG enabled in board.c with an eldk toolchain) can be
checked on other boards(preferably davinci boards). Thanks.

-sughosh